1. What are the minimum requirements?
For owner-operator truck drivers, the minimum requirements are:
- MUST have a minimum of 3 years verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- MUST be at least 23 years of age
- MUST pass a drug screening test / AND have not tested positive on any previous drug test.
- MUST pass the Federal DOT Inspection: preferably at one of our facilities (Thomaston, CT / Seville, FL)
- MUST have a clean MVR preferred with low points
- MUST own a well-maintained Tractor
2. What are the minimum tractor/trailer equipment requirements?
- Tractors should be no more than 10 years old (exceptions may apply)
- Clean, undamaged physical appearance
- All registrations need to be a minimum of 80,000 lbs
- Must be able to pass D.O.T. inspection sticker at a location of JRC’s choosing
- All trailers must be inspected by JRC (Trailers of all types available thru JRC lease program).
- Must have 12 straps 4” by 27’ in perfect condition with binder bar. Additional equipment may be required based on the type of freight hauled. This may include 2” portable straps, chains and binders, corner protectors, tarps bungees, dunnage, and coil racks. All equipment is subject to inspection by JRC.
- D.O.T. specified emergency equipment including a mounted fire extinguisher and reflective triangles.
- Cell phones with a headset.
- Tractors must be ELD compliant
3. Does JRC lease on teams?
Yes, we have a variety of loads including team freight. Currently, we are looking for experienced Owner Operators (O/O) of Flatbeds and/or Van.
4. What is “percentage pay?”
At JRC, owner/operators are compensated based on a fixed percentage of the revenue generated from the freight they haul. As rates increase, so does your compensation.
JRC currently offers 85% of Gross – that’s the highest in the industry. See our comparison calculator to see how much you could be making with JRC vs other carriers. Comparison Calculator
5. What kind of freight is available on the JRC Load Board?
Call 866-572-7297 and a representative will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
6. What kind of support does JRC offer?
Solid, long-term relationships are the backbone of JRC’s success story. We’ll provide you with the resources necessary to succeed, starting from your first day in orientation to the tools to plan ahead and book your next load.
7. Why JRC?
A large and diverse freight base, with lots of work. As an owner operator, you will have the freedom to make your own loading and route decisions, based on your personal needs, with no forced dispatch. Here is a list of what sets us apart from our competitors.
- JRC Pays! We offer the highest percentage of gross revenue in the industry, paying up to 85% of gross. The bottom line…more money in your pocket.
- 100% Owner Operators – You will not be competing with company trucks for preferred loads, routes or customers. Our focus is on supporting you.
- Personal Agent – You will have one-on-one contact with an experienced dispatcher assigned from a network of over 45 offices around the country. With no forced dispatch, you run your own business and determine your schedule and profitability.
- Home on Weekends – JRC understands the importance of family and friends. Hometime on weekends is your decision.
- Weekly Settlements – Payment is made weekly along with a detailed statement.
- Advances – You can receive up to 40% of the gross revenue once your truck is loaded.
- Tractors/Trailers/Equipment – JRC offers you the options of purchasing tractors and equipment, including straps, chains, binders, and tarps. You can also rent one of our less than 2-year-old trailers. Bobtail insurance is available.
- JRC Service Centers – Equipment maintenance and inspection programs can be performed at JRC owned facilities in Thomaston, CT, and Seville, FL.