App Helps Truckers with Health & Nutrition
Rolling Strong mobile app to address health “epidemic” among truckers
Small changes in eating habits can have a huge impact on your health. Far too often people focus on the word “diet” when discussing a “healthy diet”. Eating right doesn’t mean depriving yourself of food, quite the opposite. It’s about making healthy choices, which is often difficult to do on the road.
The rolling strong platform helps guide you to nutritious options and records your selections to help you earn points.
You’ll learn tips for addressing a variety of health issues through simple changes such as decreasing sodium intake and increasing water consumption.
Trucking Industry Challenges
- The current supply of drivers is largely made up of an aging demographic, with notoriously poor health which makes it difficult to effectively attract, recruit and retain drivers.
- Fleets absorb significant costs (insurance, healthcare, lost revenue, recruiting, training, reduced productivity and more) due to driver injuries and illnesses, a large percentage of which are directly related to the general poor health of drivers due to the sedentary lifestyle they typically lead.
- For drivers interested in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, making good choices regarding nutrition and exercise is very difficult.
- Industry requirements for driver health are increasing the already extreme pressure on trucking companies to address driver health in a serious manner.
- Industry leaders have publicly addressed the need for a comprehensive driver fitness and nutrition system.
- Trucking companies offering Rolling Strong to their drivers will have a competitive advantage in terms of recruiting, retention and sustained driver performance.
Driver health and wellness is not a fad, it’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle that not only improves the length and quality of life for the driver, but protects those around them as well as the companies investment in them.
With coaching, education, goal setting, health screenings, on the spot biometric checks, and health challenges, Running Strong’s program, and CDL Coaches goal is to empower its members with the knowledge and resources to prevent and better manage health risks while promoting behavior change and provide support with the following:
- Stress Management
- Weight Management
- Improved DOT Compliance
- Promoting better cardiovascular health
- Increased flexibility and mobility
- National Database that guides drivers to the closest fitness center with truck routing and truck parking
- Driver Preferences are logged to give them options based on their break time (10 hours or 34 hours)
- Rolling Strong Accessories allow the driver to work out in and around the truck at anytime
- Online coaching
Getting a healthy meal can be a challenge on the road. It is even harder for a driver to keep up with how many calories and carbohydrates they are consuming. Rolling Strong guides the driver to the nearest restaurant and gives them the meal that is consistent with their fit profile.
Drivers log their achievements and compete with other drivers to earn points which may be redeemed for a variety of rewards.