Hurricane Michael expected to be a Category 4 when it strikes landfall
Latest update on hurricane Michael – 9:30 am 10/10/18
- Michael is expected to make landfall along Florida’s northeastern Gulf Coast Wednesday.
- A Category 4 or stronger hurricane has never made landfall in the Florida Panhandle.
- Catastrophic storm surge and destructive winds will occur near the landfall in the Florida Panhandle.
- Over a million power outages will occur not just near the coast, but also inland after landfall.
- Rainfall flooding is also a significant threat inland into the Carolinas.
Storm Surge forecast
Weather channel forecast for Georgia and the Carolinas after Hurricane Michael passes over Florida.
Take cover, stay safe!