Hiring our Heroes program announces truck giveaway for military veterans.
To boost the Trucking Transition program for U.S. veterans, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring our Heroes Program, Kenworth and FASTPORT announced a contest today to give away a fully-loaded T680.
“We’re going to a young veteran driver… who has a tremendous record and really set that young driver off on their own entrepreneurial journey,” said Eric Eversole, president of the Hiring our Heroes program, at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Ky. “It’s really a golden ticket for that young driver.”
During the nomination period, the truck will be shown at military installations around the country and at other trucking-related events.
The criteria for entering the contest:
1. A driver must be a military veteran or have served or currently serve in the National Guard or Reserve.
2. A driver must have graduated from either a PTDI-certified, or NAPFTDS or CVTA member driver training school and have a valid CDL.
3. The driver must have been employed by a trucking company who has made a hiring commitment and pledge to hire veterans on truckingtrack.org.
4. The driver must have been first hired in a trucking position between Jan. 1, 2015, and June 29, 2016.
The top 10 finalists will be recognized at the Great American Trucking Show in Dallas on Aug. 26 and the winner will be selected at the Pentagon in Washington on Dec. 16.
For more information on how to nominate a driver for the contest, visit http://http://www.transitiontrucking.org/
Need Work? We’re Hiring!
We are looking for owner operator drivers with the following qualifications:
- MUST have a minimum of 2 years verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- MUST be at least 23 years of age
- MUST pass a drug screening test / AND have not test positive on previous drug test
- MUST pass the Federal DOT Inspection, preferably at one of our facilities;Thomaston, CT or Seville, FL
- MUST have past work history
- MUST have a clean MVR preferred with low points
- MUST own a well maintained Tractor